THE FOLLOWING ARTEFACTS WERE OFFERED FOR DISPLAY AT THE EXHIBITION
4. JANET & PETER LEYLAND 1. Hooky Rug - Azariah Chapman his 3 wives and 9 children 2. Cheeseboard showing 12 children of Thomas and Isobella Chapman (produced to commemorate the 1987 Gathering). 3. Drawing of Thomas Chapman 4. Portrait of John Routh (b 1821) painted in Leyburn 1843. Matthew's knitting stick from Wisconsin.
11. A number of photographs of samplers and quilts
12. Maps showing migration. TONY KEATES
13. Beckermonds booklet. MALCOLM McCALLUM
14. DAVID MORRIS's book 'Dalesmen of the Mississippi' for sale at the exhibition
15. Anthony and Alice SAYER / WILKINSON TREE Marcia Oviatt via Glenys
16. Bishopdale memorial cards MATTIE FURNISH
17. Askrigg Friendly Society members CHRISTINE HALLAS
18. SUSAN CALVERT COSGROVE - variety of print outs of Plat Books Iowa Co. WI 1870
and New Diggins. Note - Plat book of Wisconsin also on show.
19. IAN SPENSLEY - Population decline and movement from the parish of Bolton cum Redmire.
21. We are delighted to be able to include some very special artefacts from Arkengarthdale School's 350th Anniversary exhibition, 2009.
22. Family tree is 18" x 24 of no. 65 Jeffrey Heseltine by Chris Scott.
23. An unclaimed Lord Wharton Bible GLENYS MARRIOTT
24. Old maps for sale on behalf of the NYCRO
25. Very large family tree of the KEARTON /KIRTON family from Canada from Jonathan KIRTON
26. A copy of the Circuit Rider courtesy of Peter and Janet Leyland
FOR SALE DURING THE EXHIBITION
1. Bishopdale Booklets
2. 10th Anniversary Book containing summaries of all the exhibits. Check out how to
pre-order a copy of this unique publication.
3. Copies of the well known book The Dalesmen of the Mississippi River’ by David Morris. This book tells the story of those who left Swaledale, North Yorkshire Early 19th Century to Seek New Life in the Country of Upper Mississippi River. We sold a number of these for David who wrote the following week to thank us, and died the same day. He will be sadly missed.
4. In support of the North Yorkshire County Records Office we sold copies of their rare and very special maps of the dales.
OTHER LINKS TO THE EXHIBITION
Description of the exhibition and all exhibitors
A SPECIAL PROBLEM TO SOLVE:
Blair Southerden has a copy of Anthony Kirton's petition for the restitution of his estates which were seized for recusancy in 1652/3. He gave his address as being Morton co Yorkshire. Was this Morton on Swale / Ainderby Steeple. Blair would happily offer a prize to anyone who can confirm where his estate was or who his wife was at that time.